Thursday, June 28, 2012

Plan B

Yesterday, I had planned to paint at a beach right on the Russian River. I packed my painting gear, and an extra chair with an umbrella for my old dog, Mr. Wilson. We got all set up on the beach, and then a large family came & literally surrounded us, only about 2 feet away on all sides (sigh). This wouldn't work, as Mr. Wilson is not friendly to strangers. We moved down the beach, a distance from everyone. A large man, with his swim trunks hanging extremely low, promptly came and stood directly in front of us in the river, about 3 feet away. Then he began casting into the river with a fishing rod. Each time he swung the rod back, the hook was inches from my head (sigh). This is summertime on the river. A bit frustrated, I packed up all the stuff, put my dog back in his bed in the car, and set off to find a different place to paint. Driving along Highway 116 towards Forestville, I saw this tree with flowers blooming underneath just at a curve in the road. Fortunately, there was a shady spot to pull into by the side of the road. I opened the windows, and a breeze blew through the car. I had the radio on, and the dog snoozed. It turned into a lovely painting day!

No comments:

Post a Comment