Sunday, November 11, 2012

New Medium!

Today I will use my new water-based oil paints for the first time. I have been wanting to try painting with oils for some time, but I had doubts about trying it for several reasons: 1)As an amateur painter, I wasn't sure it was smart to switch mediums when I haven't mastered the one I was already using; 2)I didn't really understand the difference (other than drying time) between acrylic paint & water-based oil paint; 3)I thought that maybe I should try to use up all my acrylic paint before spending money on new paint. In the end, I decided that life is short (and unpredictable), so I should go for it. I did research to learn more about the water-based oils, and decided to purchase 8 tubes of Holbein Duo Aqua Oil paints. I don't think I will need more colors since I prefer to use a limited palette. I'm hoping to be able to produce paintings with a richer, more luminescent color. Don't really understand how to use the mediums I purchased, so we'll see how it goes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment