Monday, February 11, 2013

"River Nest"

This tiny cottage is in the tiny town of Rio Nido, which means "river nest" in Spanish. I've been planning to paint it for awhile, but wasn't sure at what hour the light would be best. Yesterday, had only about an hour to paint, so I decided to go check it out. Got there around 12:40pm and began the painting in the light you see above. I was so happy for the patterns of the shadows. Tried to quickly get down the light and shadows as it was changing rapidly. An hour later, the house was in total shade. I needed to see the lighting more, so went back today at around 11:30 and painted for about another hour. Not sure why my photo is so fuzzy; couldn't seem to get a good one today. I will probably work some more on the foliage, but the house is done, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment