Saturday, April 20, 2013

Fur Babies


Here you see the beginning & ending of a painting I just finished. These cute boys are Latte & Mocha. They are litter mates, but they don't look alike. Their faces are quite different, and Mocha is bigger than Latte. They are the babies of my friends Coop & Cindy. I've been wanting to paint them for awhile, but I wasn't sure I could pull off their furry coats, so I kept putting it off. Finally, I just decided to give it a go. I'm pleased with the result; it captures their faces nicely, and I think I did well at not overworking the painting. The photo somehow doesn't capture the white highlights in their fur.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh... You did a great job, and I love the composition of the painting, and the contrast of the red/maroon blanket... good job!
    -Kathleen

    ReplyDelete