Sunday, May 5, 2013

View of Armstrong Woods


This is one of the paintings I did at Armstrong Woods Park over my spring break. It is always a challenged to paint a place with lots of different greens. I don't use any tubes of green paint; I mix all my greens from a variety of combinations of blues, yellows and reds. The variations of green seen in nature is mind boggling! I have been painting a lot lately in preparation for a show at Studio Blomster in Guerneville. Tomorrow I'm meeting with David Blomster, owner of the gallery, to talk more about the show. It will be my first solo show...an exciting adventure!

1 comment:

  1. What is lovely about these two pieces is that they actually evoke for me, the experience of being at Armstrong Woods, and the road approaching the park! and the peacefulness of the place... I really like your clouds, too! Lovely!
    -Kathleen

    ReplyDelete