Saturday, May 19, 2012

Santa Cruz Vista

This past week, I had the opportunity to go on a field trip to Santa Cruz with the Honor Society students from my school. I took my pochade box with me, and (in between correcting essays on Anne Frank) sat on the wharf next to the beach boardwalk and painted this view. It was wonderfully relaxing...the sun was bright, and there were four or five seals frolicking in the water in front of me. It was the first time I had used the pochade box to paint in a very public spot. It worked beautifully; the box is small enough to be pretty discreet. A few people came up to me, but they were friendly, so it was fine.

2 comments:

  1. Tía, qué bonito!! Entonces, lo hiciste súper rápido, ¿no? Pues viéndolo no lo parece en absoluto. Parece algo que te ha llevado tu tiempo, y que has hecho sin ningún tipo de interrupción ni atención dividida. Me encanta!! Especialmente el cielo, el horizonte nublado y la orilla. Todo emana paz, relax. Y tiene mucho movimiento tb. Se siente la brisa húmeda.
    Enhorabuena. Fue un momento de auténtica inspiración.
    Bs. Lola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Katharine! That is a beautiful painting... especially given the circumstances! I admire your ability to paint in public, and in a relatively short period of time! Where were the students while you were painting? Not a single one shows up in your painting! :) Kathleen

    ReplyDelete