Friday, March 16, 2012

Learning Color

I am creating a sketchbook that is dedicated to nothing but color studies. This page is a study of all the greens that can be created from the tubes of acrylic paint I take with me to paint en plein air. I have needed to do more of these studies for some time but I keep putting it off because I find them tedious. My plan for the immediate future is to do another page of greens with a more limited selection of just 1 blue and 1 yellow. Then, I want to do pages dedicated to oranges, purples, grays and browns. Since I know that I am not patient about doing these, I will just work on perhaps half a page at a time. Maybe that way I won't abandon the project as I have in the past.

1 comment:

  1. Pues a mí me va a venir pero que muy bien ver el resultado de tu trabajo con los colores, porque a veces intento sacar un color y no lo consigo. Claro, que eso es experiencia, pero ver cartas de mezclas como la tuya seguro que tb ayuda. Lola

    ReplyDelete