Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring Break painting #1

Yesterday, I went out in the rain to paint from my car using my new pochade box. The setup worked great. This is a 5" by 7" painting of an old church in Guerneville. It appears to be someone's home these days. The blue sky is made up; the actual sky was pale, pale gray but I thought it needed to stand out more from the building. There were cars parked in front along the street; I just painted greenery instead. Lots of the magenta underpainting shows through, but I don't mind it in this little sketch. It was great to be relaxed and painting! 

1 comment:

  1. Guau!! Cómo ha mejorado!! Parece otro cuadro ... Ahora ni siquiera me parece que sobre el pino de la izda. Ha quedado así, medio escondida por la maleza, y produce en el observador (al menos en mí) muchas más sensaciones que el primero. A lo mejor por eso siempre se habló de las musas, esos caprichosos seres que a veces acompañan al artista inspirándole y a veces no ... Aquí estaban presentes, desde luego. Enhorabuena. Lola

    ReplyDelete