Friday, March 16, 2012

New Pochade Box!

I am excited to use my new Guerilla Painter pochade box! They can be purchased in a multitude of sizes and configurations; I chose their smallest model (called a "pocket box"). The lid holds two 5" x 7" canvases and protects them while they dry. In the box is storage room, and the sliding piece functions as a palette. Thus, it is a self-contained mini studio, perfect for painting en plein air. I can add a gadget to the bottom that will allow me to attach it to my camera tripod; haven't done that yet. My reason for choosing such a small size is that I want to take it with me when I travel, so I want it to be as easy to carry as possible. I think painting on the 5" x 7" canvases will be good for me as I want to practice capturing the light in landscapes more quickly. This week is my Spring Break and my goal is to paint a lot. Since rain is forecast almost every day, this means I'll probably be painting from my car. The wild mustard is blooming here; I hope this means that even on the rainy days there will be some interesting color around.

1 comment:

  1. Qué chulo!! A lo mejor me compro uno igual en nuestra tienda de material para artistas preferida ... Qué bueno experimentar con cosas nuevas. ¿Es pintura acrílica? Bs

    ReplyDelete