Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Break painting

Painted on Wohler Road; acrylic on gessoboard. I have used gessoboard only a few times, but I like its smooth surface much more than canvas. It's more expensive, so I want to experiment with having boards cut at a hardware store & applying coats of gesso myself to save money. Used the actual palette of my pochade box as a palette for the first time. I had thought it would be too small, so I was putting down foil and just disposing of a layer whenever I needed new space. I found today, however, that since my paintings are so small, I don't need much space to mix paint, so it worked great!

1 comment:

  1. Me gusta la sensaciĆ³n de que hay un claro de luz sobre la tierra, como si el sol se filtrara entre las nubes sobre una parte del campo. Estoy deseando verlos al natural. Bs. Lola

    ReplyDelete